the june birthstone edit: pearl, alexandrite & moonstone
If you’re a June baby, you’re arguably the luckiest when it comes to your birthstone as you have three to choose from: pearl, alexandrite & moonstone! Don’t think pearls go with your style? No problem! How about alexandrite? Not a fan of colour? maybe go for the moonstone…
Pearls have been hugely popular in jewellery for many years, and tend to be associated with a more classic and timeless look. The traditional pearl is an iridescent and shiny white colour, however pearls do come in a variety of shades including pink and grey.
Alexandrite is a relatively modern gemstone, discovered in Emerald mines in Russia. It is a unique stone in that it changes colour from a blueish shade in daylight to purple toned red when under artificial lighting.
The last of the June birthstones is the moonstone, which got its name through its supposed change in appearance with the phases of the moon. The most common moonstones are almost transparent with a blue shimmer, however some varieties are more cloudy looking.
- sterling silver rolo chain bracelet with natural freshwater pearl –£14.95
- sterling silver alexandrite cz june birthstone dangle earrings – £5.95
- sterling silver & pearl star stud earrings – £8.95
- sterling silver adjustable triple pearl ring – £9.95
- 9ct gold & freshwater pearl pendant necklace 16 – 20 inches – from £44
- sterling silver & moonstone triangle june birthstone stud earrings – £13.55
- sterling silver moonstone ball stud earrings – £6.95
- sterling silver & alexandrite cz swarovski crystal birthstone 18 inch pendant & stud earring set – £23.99
- 9ct gold freshwater pearl studs – £26
What’s your favourite of the June birthstones?