The May birthstone is the Emerald, a stone which is more rare and valuable than most other stones, in fact it is known as one of “The Big Three” alongside the Sapphire and Ruby. Typically, they are mined in countries such as Brazil, Colombia, and Zambia.
The gorgeous rich green has been used in both royal crowns and engagement rings, and it is estimated that the oldest emerald is 2.97 billion years old!
As with all stones, the emerald is said to have special powers and is thought to relax the wearer. It’s also said that the emerald is a symbol of love and rebirth.
Here on jewellerybox we have a variety of genuine emerald products, as well as emerald cz products which are even more affordable. You can find our top picks below:
- Sterling Silver & Emerald CZ Ring – from £10.05
- Sterling Silver & Emerald Crystal Necklace – from £13
- Sterling Silver & 4mm Round Emerald Studs – £13.35
- Sterling Silver & May Green CZ Bear Necklace – from £14
- 9ct Gold Andralok Emerald Studs – £19
- 9ct Gold & 3mm Emerald Leverback Earrings – £38
- Sterling Silver & 6mm Round Emerald Ring – from £18
- 9ct Gold & Genuine Emerald Flower Studs – £69
- Gold Plated & Green CZ Charm Hoops – £7.65
Happy May birthday shopping!