We love birthstones, so decided it was about time to welcome our new blog series: The Birthstone Edit! Each month we will share a curated collection of birthstone jewellery, just in case you were having trouble picking yourself.
September is the month of the sapphire, and I am sure we are all equally obsessed (and all wish we were born in September) with sapphires after Princess Diana’s famous engagement ring was passed onto Kate Middleton and got all the attention in 2010. Interestingly, the Royals of ancient Greece used to wear sapphires, as they believed they would keep them from harm – not too sure how that turned out for them!
Sapphires are generally a rich blue colour, sometimes they can appear a little darker – more of a black/blue, and are the second hardest gemstone in the world, making them super durable and hard-wearing. Not to mention, it’s one of the four “precious” stones together with diamond, ruby and emerald. Here at jewellerybox, we offer a variety of sapphire jewellery, from pieces containing sapphire coloured cz crystals (perfect for those of you on a budget who still want to create that royal look), to genuine sapphires too if you fancy being a little more spendy.
3. sterling silver & sapphire cz crystal september birthstone twisted rope ring sizes i – u – from £9.15
4. sterling silver & sapphire crystal made with swarovski elements birthstone pendant 16 – 24 inches – from £13
8. sterling silver & 6mm round 4 prong set sapphire gemstone stud earrings – £34
9. 9ct rose gold & sapphire ring sizes i – u – from £49
10. 9ct gold & sapphire infinity swirl ring w clear cz crystals sizes i – u – from £64
If you have a September birthday that you need to shop for, or just love sapphires and want to treat yourself, then why not opt for some sapphire earrings, or one of our many dainty rings? We really do have something for everyone, and you can shop our full sapphire collection here.