How are we a third of the way through December already?! It feels like yesterday we were all complaining about the heat of the summer, and literally an hour since we typed the November birthstone edit.
December is a strange month for birthstones, as it actually has two; tanzanite and turquoise. Both stones have cool blue tones, making them perfectly suitable for the winter month of December. Tanzanite is said to help open your mind and allow you to become more spiritually aware, while turquoise is traditionally said to bring luck – something we’ll all need after Christmas ?.
The colour of tanzanite can vary a little, sometimes it can be a little more on the pale blue side, whereas it can also look a bit purple. You’ll also find that the turquoise stone sometimes has marble like qualities, with fine lines running through it, making each stone unique. Below are our top December birthstone picks!
- sterling silver december birthstone cz star 10mm sleeper hoops – £7.75
- sterling silver & tanzanite cz triangle birthstone earrings – £11.85
- sterling silver & tanzanite claddagh ring – from £12.85
4. sterling silver & turquoise swarovski elements birthstone pendant – from £13
5. rose gold dipped sterling silver tanzanite pull through earrings – £13.55
6. sterling silver & tanzanite cz oval birthstone ring – from £14.25
Tanzanite and turquoise jewellery make the perfect Christmas gifts, even for those whose birthdays aren’t in December. You can shop our whole tanzanite collection here, and our whole turquoise collection here. Happy shopping!